Mudd Flatts Mayhem is a new four wheel drive competition to be held in WA. As the name suggests, it is going to involve mud but also includes a variety of other obstacles! There are a number of different classes based on your 4x4, starting from ‘Bog Stock’ through to ‘Extreme’. The event is family orientated, and will run for 2 days with the opportunity to stay overnight on the property.
Where is it?
Mudd Flatts Mayhem 2011 is going to be held on a privately owned property in Wellesley, which you can find on Google maps here. It will be just under a 2 hour drive from Perth.
When is it?
The event will run on the 5th and 6th of November, 2011. It will run from 9AM through to 5PM each day.
Facilities and Entertainment
- Toilets are provided throughout the venue
- Food vendors will also be accessible
- Freestyle MX and mini bike demonstrations
- Rock crawler demo
- Kids bouncy castle
- Children’s face painting
- Egress Burlesue and Cabaret performance
- Remote Control crawlers demo
- Raffle tickets
Can we camp the night?
Camping areas will be set up (and camper trailers will be fine too). Fire Pits will be provided, but there is no running water or electricity (you must supply your own!). There will be plenty of toilets throughout the property to use. If you need to camp Friday night then arrangements can be made.
How much are the tickets?
Adults $20, Children $10, Family $50, Concession $15
Adults $40, Children $15, Family $70, Concession $35
Dates for Scrutineering
- 17th September 2011 at Perth 4x4 (160 Balcatta Road, Balcatta)
- 18th September 2011 at True Track Aligning (Lot 7 South Western Hwy, Picton)
- 8th October 2011 at Abletek Mechanical (105 Forrest St, Kalgoorlie)
All Competing Vehicles must have
- Helmets for the navigator and driver that meet the Australian Standards
- Four rated recovery points
- Gloves, Snatch Strap (8000lb), 2 rated shackles, 1 winch dampener and a recovery bridle (to meet the weight of your vehicle)
- UHF Radio
- First aid kit (medium size)
- 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher
- Storage trays for fuel and oil in the pits
- Spill kits
- Original running gear
- Factory LSD or Traction control are allowed
- You may run lockers
- 2 inch lift maximum
- Slight modifications allowed
- Factory LSD and traction control are allowed
- Lockers can be used
- Maximum of a 4 inch lift
- Heavily modified Four Wheel drives (within legal requirements)
- Factory LSD and traction control is allowed
- Lockers can be used
- Maximum of 6” lift
This is going to be an awesome event, both for spectators and those who are getting their vehicles dirty. This is one of the few four wheel drive competitions held in WA – let’s give them our support. For more information, see the Mudd Flatts Mayhem website at http://www.muddflattsmayhem.com/index.html