We are super lucky to have the south west of WA only a few hours away from our home. The Margaret River, Dunsborough and Busselton area is home to some of the best beaches in Australia, incredible natural produce and amazing 4WD tracks. In the warmer months especially, the South West is our go to location to spend a weekend away.
There's so much to see in each of the locations in the south west; you can stay anywhere and have an incredible time.
A few weeks back we stayed at the brand new DPAW campsite in between Margaret River and Hamelin Bay and had an amazing time. You can read about the campsite here - Jarrahdene; brilliant bush camping in the south west.
Just last weekend, we stayed at Island Brook Estate in a small chalet, which is pretty much smack bang in between Dunsborough, Margaret River and Busselton.
What can you do in the south west?
Probably the better question would be to ask what you can't do in the south west! There's something for every single age, adventure level and budget.
- World class restaurants, wineries and breweries
- Incredible coastline including some of the best beaches around
- Beautiful produce including chocolate, cheese, fruit, wood fired pizza and bread, fudge, nuts and coffee
- Amazing underground caves to explore on guided and non guided tours
- Epic 4WD tracks leading to some of the most pristine locations
- World renown surf breaks, brilliant fishing and diving
- A huge variety of amazing accommodation
- Fantastic camp sites
- A huge array of entertainment for the little ones
- Lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery to explore
I meet a number of people in my travels, and its amazing how many have never been to the south west of Western Australia. If you haven't been there either, book a break away. You'll love it.
I'll leave you with some photos of our weekend